Friday, February 19, 2010

The Girl (and the Billionaire) in the Glass

An interesting post by Kelly at the always interesting Reepicheep's Coracle stated the following:

Rational people who are trying to be happy should think about themselves first. "What do I want to do today?" should be the primary question we are asking ourselves.
That made me instantly recall one of the (many) sayings by Warren Buffett that I like:

"I have this complicated procedure I go through every morning which is to look in the mirror and decide what I'm going to do. And I feel at that point, everybody's had their say."

I agree with both that this is the right attitude to have. If you do too, you should love this poem--which ties both quotes together nicely.

2 comments:

  1. For another billionaire's mirror perspective:

    "When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: 'If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.' It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

    - Steve Jobs (Stanford Commencement Address, 2005)

    ReplyDelete